motor_trade_insuranceWe have access to policies that are suitable for sole traders, partnerships or small companies operating in the motor trade either on a full or part time basis who require road risks cover for their own vehicles and vehicles in their custody or control for motor trade purposes, whilst being driven on the road, parked at their home address or their trade premises. Permanently owned vehicles may be driven for social domestic and pleasure purposes.

Motor trade insurance can be split into two main forms:

1) Motor trade – road risks
This type of motor trade insurance can cover you if you are selling cars from home, or are a mobile mechanic, mobile valeter or windscreen repairer, for example.

2) Motor trade – with premises
More extensive than road risks cover as you will require motor trade premises insurance as well and this could span a wide range of types such as MOT Testing, car sales or dealership or are a motor garage dealing repairing vehicles.

If you are after a cheap motor trade insurance quote but need extensive cover then we have many of the UK’s leading Motor Trade Insurance companies on our panel so we can cover all your needs.

Our Motor Trade Insurance benefits include:

  • Indemnity provided on a per vehicle per claim basis – no annual limit
  • Claims on customers’ vehicles settled on market value basis
  • No claims discount of up to 4 years transferable from your private car, commercial vehicle or motor trade insurance
  • Demonstration cover available
  • Flexible limit of indemnity
  • Full cover whilst driving in EU available
  • Discounts available for increased excesses or spouse who require social, domestic and pleasure cover only
  • Windscreen / Window glass cover
  • Cover provided for accessories
  • Premises, stock and liability cover can also be arranged

Getting a Motor Trade insurance quote is quick and easy so fill out the below we’ll get straight back to you.

Update MID!

MID Updates

If you have a Motor Trade insurance policy with us, you can send us details of the vehicles and we will update the MID on your behalf. Click the button to send the changes you wish to make on the Motor Insurance Database (MID)
Update MID!

Get a Commercial Insurance Quote

To obtain a Commercial & Business Insurance quote, please call us on 0800 308 1093 or 0121 448 6914 or, alternatively, use the form below and we’ll be in touch with straight away to start saving you money – see below tab on why we opt for Simpler Quote Forms.

We could get you to fill out a long winded form then call you back and confirm all the same information again but our priority is to talk to you and understand your individual requirements.

Everyone has different needs for their business and because of this we think we can get you a cheaper premium by simply talking to you to better understand what you need. We developed relationships with the UK’s top insurers and use this relationship to speak directly to the people who can understand and can give you the best price possible.

Please Note:If commercial insurance is taken out then, depending on the insurer, they may require copies of all or some of the following:
  • ERN – Employment Reference Number. If you take out Employers Liability then all insurers will need a copy of your ERN number or proof if your are exempt.
  • Possible certificates of recent electrical checks performed or flat roof surveys carried out on your premises.
  • Proof of trading – example for motor traders

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Telephone (required)

Insurance Type
LiabilityMotor TradeRetail & ShopHair & BeautyOfficeRestaurant & TakeawayCare HomeGuest and B&BOther

Start Date
Straight AwayWith the weekWithin 2 weeks

Other Details - try and give us much detail as possible i.e. your occupation, sole trade/limited or partnership, years trading, turnover, how much you paid last year (gives us a target to beat!), when's the best time to contact you and also the all-important start date.